Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Today I discovered a new magazine. The magazine is not new but my awareness of it is. A few weeks ago in Portland I was roaming around the immense Powell's bookstore and found Radical Teacher. Of course the title had me at hello and as soon as I started flipping through the articles I realized this was something I had to take with me. This morning I went to a nice coffee shop and dove into my new treasure. The articles included ways to use myspace when teaching feminism and perspectives on teaching a documentary about the way television portrays the working class. Pepi Leistyna made the film Class Dismissed and provides a very comprehensive list of alternative media sources. Once again I feel like I have tapped a previously unknown well of information that I need to pursue on a more profound level. As I start looking through this I will leave you with a preview for Class Dismissed.

2 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger changeseeker said...

Thanks for the tip on Class Dismissed. I'm going to get my school library to buy it.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger bubamarenya said...

Hi changeseeker,
I am glad to be spreading the word. I was also happy to find that they have an entire line of videos through the website that distributes them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home